Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Airbrushed Skin



I have a little lesson on faking perfect skin. The fact that people do not know this already always surprises me. The trick to flawless skin is powder. Or naturally perfect skin, if you are so blessed. First, put on your foundation. Personally I use Smashbox Photofinish Primer to smooth my skin so my foundation goes on better. Then I use an oily/combination skin foundation. I am still searching for the perfect one at this point. Then I dab on a little extra foundation as concealer over any zits or scars and blend the edges. Then, this is the important part, I sweep a loose powder all over my face. I typically use a translucent powder or a very light one. The powder diffuses the light and covers the face creating a pore-less smooth perfection. I then sweep blush on my cheek bones so I look a little more human, unless I am doing some high drama make up. A light coating of mascara and a little lip tint, and you look very natural, but your skin is perfect. I recommend either cornsilk, airspun, or a loose mineral powder. The first two are quite inexpensive and you get tons of powder. Mineral is more expensive but if you have sensitive breakout prone skin, it is the best. If you have dry flaky skin, use powder very lightly because it can highlight those flakes. I suggest a moisturizer on the dry areas and definitely use primer. This picture is from sephora and your skin might not look as smooth  because some of us have bumps or indentations. The powder will not hide that but it will give you perfectly even color and minimize your pores. Also, if you have wrinkles, be careful as powder can set in those wrinkles and look bad. I suggest spritzing your face with a makeup holder, hairspray or even water to help set your make up and give it a dewy note. I tend to use hairspray. Great hold and I already have tons of it. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment