Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fashion Flower Power

So, I am all about big silly flower headbands and hair clips right now. The bigger the better! This about being goofy and fun and floral! Currently I am rocking the black on with a loose floral top and black super skinny jeans. For this  I made my hair big and wavy and a little messy. I've got the flower sitting right on my part. I've been getting compliments all day. Only downside is the elastic is a little tight so I have a compression headache. Beauty is pain. I also just got the pink one to the left and love it! This one is huge though as you can tell from the picture. My boyfriend hates it but he just doesn't understand that I am trying to be ridiculous here. It is seriously comfortable. They are both from Urban Outfitters and the pink on is on sale! Side note - I wish you could shop H&M online in English. I do it in Swedish but I realize not everyone wants to do that. I adore H&M. Its actually awesome for accessories because they are super cheap and tend to hold up very well. If you have sensitivity to metal though their jewelry is a no go. But their hair accessories are still fun! My neck hair goofiness is probably going to involve feathers. I nearly bought the super long feather earrings from Urban but they are definitely not worth 35 dollars to me specially when I could probably make them. If you want flower hair accessories and don't want to pay the obnoxious prices they sometimes charge for them, just go to a cvs and a dollar store. Pick up a head band or 4 that you like and some fabric glue. Then go to the dollar store and get some pretty silk flowers that you like. Take them of the stems and glue them to the head band. I'd suggest letting it dry for at least 24 hours. Viola! Cool hair accessory for about 5 dollars. Plus you know it will be completely unique. Nothing is worse than wearing a really striking hair piece and running into someone else on the street with the same one. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment